Face it, your suspension and steering in Madison and Wisconsin can take a bit of a beating. Winter brings potholes, ice ruts and cracked and crumbled roads. So, it’s a good idea that you schedule a regular inspection of your steering and suspension to ensure that you not only have a smooth and enjoyable ride, but a safe one, too.
Doing so also helps identify an issue that could snowball into something worse down the road from both a cost and safety standpoint.
An ideal time to schedule a steering and suspension inspection for car, van or truck is during one of the following:
- Your vehicle’s annual service appointment.
- One of your routine maintenance appointments within a year (tune up, oil change or radiator flush for instance).
- When your tires are replaced.
- When you have brake service or brake repair.
Steering or suspension problems to look for
If you’re experiencing any of the issues below, schedule an appointment with us to have your steering and suspension serviced (at the very least, inspected). If you hear a thump, clunk, rattle or even a noise you can’t describe, bring it to the suspension pros at Atlas Auto.
- Your car, van or truck bottoms out when driving over a bump or pothole.
- Your vehicle continues to bounce after driving over a bump or pothole.
- You experience a consistently bumpy ride.
- Your car nose dives forward, squats backwards or rolls from side-to-side when moving in different directions.
- Your car oversteers or understeers (when the rear or front loses traction rounding corners). Which is worse in slippery conditions, i.e., ice, snow and rain (again, Madison, Wisconsin weather!).
- Loose steering (feels sloppy).
- Steering wheel vibrates.
- Steering wheel wobbles.
- Car pulls to one side (or feels like it’s wandering as you drive down the road).
- Noises coming from the power steering system.
Expert steering and suspension service
Atlas Auto Technicians are experts in steering and suspension repair and service. In addition, we use the latest steering and suspension technology that enables us to quickly determine the status of your suspension and steering, identify any issues and explain clearly what your best options are. So, you’ll have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your vehicle.
At Atlas Auto, we are upfront and informative about your auto service or auto repair. Because we want you to make informed decisions. So, you can be confident you’re doing what’s best for you and your vehicle. That’s why we’ve been trusted for auto service and repair in Madison since 1972. Backing that with a Confidence Plus 24-month/24,000 mile nationwide limited repair warranty.